Monday 15 April 2013

City Skyline Nails

Hey guys, today I want to show you how to do these really eye catching and detailed looking nails.


I started off with applying base coat on my nails to protect them from all the chemicals that nail polish contains and then I applied one coat of white nail polish. I just used a Collection 2000 5 Day Wear in French White (103), but you can use any white nail polish you have. If you don't have a white nail polish you can use any other really light nail polish you have. The white is just a base that makes the blue and purple look more 'pastely' to make the buildings stand out more and pastel colours are also a big trend in spring.
After applying the white nail polish, I used a make up sponge and painted a stripe of blue and lilac nail polish on it and then I dabbed it on a paper a few times to remove the excess polish. The nail polishes I used are Rimmel Lycra Pro Professional Finish in Ultra Violet (312) and Beauty Uk nail polish in Neon Blue (36)
 
After that I just pressed the sponge onto my nails to create the sky, a little bit of nail polish went onto my fingers, so I removed it using some nail polish remover on a q tip. It created this really cute pastel ombre look which looks perfect for the spring, so if you like this look, you can just leave it like this.
Next, I painted some random buildings with a black nail polish. They are really easy to do. You can do the same kind of buildings on all of your nails or you can be creative making them smaller and bigger on each nail.
Lastly, I finished up by adding some lightening rods on the top of the buildings with the same black nail polish. I also put a lot of dots on the buildings with yellow nail polish and then I drew a moon with white nail polish. To do the little details I used a toothpick. I just dipped it into the nail polish and drew the lights and so on. After all that was done, I used some top coat, to seal the nails, so they last longer.
 
Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed :D

3 comments:

  1. those nails are amazing, so artistic!

    andrea-herinfinitevariety.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nails are absolutely icnredible, I'd love to be able to do this

    A little bit Unique - Blog // Facebook // Bloglovin



    x

    ReplyDelete