Saturday 31 August 2013

Special Edition Empties - Skincare

Hello, I'm here with my 2nd 'empties' post. This one is a little bit different, because ALL the 'empties' are skincare products. I have collected so many 'empties' that fit into different categories (haircare, skincare etc) that it was hard for me to decide which products I want to talk about first, so I decided to do these 'Special Edition Empties' posts. This gives me an opportunity to compare the products and maybe help you to decide which product/s to get as there are so many skincare products to choose from. Most of the products in this post are for oily skin which is prone to break outs, because my skin is very oily and it does break out a lot. 
Bioré Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser
I bought and used this cleanser before I went to dermatologist who recommended me the DR Wolff skincare products that I mentioned in my previous 'empties' post. When I recently started using it, it wasn't even half empty, it was nearly full, so I only finished it the other day. The cleanser is quite nice, it does its job at cleaning the face well. It did minimize the amount of spots I get, but not completely. I also break out on my back a little bit, so I also used it to cleanse my back and it worked much better on my back than on my face for some weird reason. The thing I like the most about this cleanser is the cooling feeling you get after washing your face, it helped me to wake up in the mornings and made my face feel really clean and fresh.
Will I repurchase?
No, because I've recently found other skincare products that work much better for my skin. I'll be doing a review on them soon, so stay tuned.
Do I recommend this product?
Yes, I definitely recommend it if you're on a budget, or if only drugstore skincare products are available to you. It's actually one of my favourite drugstore cleansers and it does work, so it's worth a try.
Garnier Skin Naturals Pure Active Deep Pore Unclog Wash
I bought this a while ago and I believe they've recently changed the packaging for the whole Pure Active range. Anyway, the cleanser is very similar to the Bioré Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser, it does help to clean your face from spots, but it won't help to erase the problem completely. This product has my liking for fastening up the healing process of the little scars you get from spots. I recently came back to this cleanser to finish it up and I only had a little bit left of it and from the fair amount I had left I did notice a difference. It lightened up a lot of the old spot scars.
Will I repurchase?
No, but that's not because I don't like it.
Do I recommend this product?
If you want to get rid of the red scars that are often left from spots and acne, I do recommend it.
Garnier Skin Naturals Pure Deep Pore Wash
This cleanser is a little bit different than the previous two I've already mentioned, because it has little tiny beads in it and it's not only meant to fight blemishes, but also clear up blackheads. I didn't really enjoy this one that much, it did clean the face from makeup that my makeup remover didn't remove, but it wasn't that good at fighting spots and it barely removed any of my blackheads.
Will I repurchase?
No, I don't think it's worth the money.
Do I recommend this product?
No, like I said it's not worth the money, the previous two products are much more effective.
Garnier Skin Naturals Pure 3in1 Wash, Scrub + Mask
I love this, it's great at removing makeup leftovers and it's also good at removing blackheads. My favourite part of this product is the mask, I like how it tightens my skin and minimizes the look of pores, but doesn't leave my face feeling dry although it has that tightening feeling. It also helps to fight spots. I really like this product.
Will I repurchase?
Yes, I have purchased this multiple times. I usually buy it, use it up, give my face a break from it and then come back to it and my face loves it.
Do I recommend this product?
I think it's pretty obvious ;)
Garnier Skin Naturals Pure Exfo-Brusher Wash
I have used quite a lot of Garnier skincare products, yes. I've tried many more than these, the same with Clean&Clear, when I was younger I was influenced by adverts on the tv, so I used to only buy Garnier and Clean&Clear skincare products. Anyway, I keep on rumbling, I'm sorry. This one is similar to the Bioré Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser and Garnier Skin Naturals Pure Active Deep Pore Unclog Wash, it's just not as thick in the consistency, it's a lot more runny and it doesn't help with healing the spot scars, but it's good at fighting the spots. I love the exfoliating brush, it mentally makes me feel like it gets the face much cleaner and it does make the face feel squeaky clean after it's been washed.
Will I repurchase? 
No, I don't think it's anything special, the only thing that I really enjoy is the exfoliating brush, but you can buy similar ones separately and use them with different cleansers.
Do I recommend this product?
50/50, it's not a bad product and it does it's job, I would suggest trying it, because you might love it, but for me it wasn't anything special, like I said earlier.
Nivea Visage Daily Essentials Gentle Cleansing Cream Wash
This cleanser is actually not for my skin type, it's for sensitive and dry skin. I have actually used two of these, although I didn't buy them. One of them was my mums and one was my stepmums, both of them gave the same product to me. I would never purchase it myself, however I did enjoy this product, especially during the winter time, when my skin gets a little more dry or when I get dry patches from healing spots. It didn't break me out and it made my face feel really fresh.
Will I repurchase?
No, because it's not meant for my skin type.
Do I recommend this product?
Yes, if you have dry and sensitive skin. It really is a great product.
Nivea Visage Young Wash Off! Mild Cleansing Gel
I'm not a big fan of this particular cleanser. It doesn't really do anything, at times it doesn't even remove my makeup leftovers. This really disappointed me.
Will I repurchase?
No.
Do I recommend this product?
Only if you don't wear makeup, other than that no.
Clean&Clear Blackhead Clearing Cleanser
 This stuff is strong. I mean it smells like vodka, I'm not joking. I don't actually have an opinion about this. It didn't irritate my skin, but I don't think it made much of a difference either. I prefer the Clean & Clear Sensitive Cleansing Lotion which is a lot stronger in my opinion and I feel like it does something to my face.
Will I repurchase?
No, but I will repurchase the Sensitive Cleansing Lotion.
Do I recommend this product?
No, not really.
Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions 3-Step System
I had high hopes for this. I've heard a lot of great things about the 3-step system, so I decided to try the set thing which allows you to try the whole system without buying the full size products. When I went to the Clinique stand in House of Fraser I had the 3-step system for very oily skin in mind, but the shop assistant suggested me the anti-blemish one. I've tried the anti-blemish foundation by Clinique and I loved it, but the skincare line didn't do anything for my skin, in fact it broke me out more.
Will I repurchase?
Definitely no, the products both in set and full size are too expensive and the ones I've tried from drugstore work better than these.
Do I recommend this product?
I'm not sure what to say, a lot of people hype about the Clinique 3-step system, but my skin didn't like it, so I guess you need to try it for yourself to see if it's worth it.

What would you prefer me to post next for my 'Special Edition Empties' - haircare or body care?

No comments:

Post a Comment